Featuring artists,composers, educators, scientists, spiritual teachers, kids and 'humans-without-definitions', as well as the voices of whales, birds, and other creatures, our films traverse the planet revealing a soulful, musical recognition 'softwired' into the core of humanity, reminding us who we are. Our mssion is to affirm an underlying, universal connection- aka 'the Great Song'- while encouraging the unique creative expression
of individuals everywhere.
Brother David Steindl-Rast, 'Hymn to the Great Song'
Stephan Thelen, 'Windows on Other Worlds'
We celebrate the connection between the song within- the creative pulse inside everyone and everything- and 'the Great Song', the original sound vibration throughout the universe.
The Great Song, being non-material, has always been and will always be. Our connection to the Great Song is another way of describing our link to the eternal; wave to ocean, Soul to Spirit, Atma to Brahma.
Song Without Borders cultivates the remembrance of the Great Song, transcendent of religion or culture while at the same time expressing in the essence of every religion and culture. Being universal, the Great Song serves as a peacemaking bridge between people of different faiths, beliefs, languages, and cultures.
As our 'inner songmaker' awakens, an integrating process begins which can ultimately lead to the music beneath and behind the outward flow of sound, melody and lyric- to the Great Song.
Song Without Borders develops programs and resources for supporting this remembrance, which helps to:
• Cultivate self-acceptance & empathy
• Empower and encourage self-worth
• Demonstrate the power of the present
• Reduce anxiety around loss
• Liberate creativity
• Build artistic bridges between people and cultures
• Rekindle the spirit beyond the belief in separation
• Film & audio recordings
• International outreach and language arts
• Programs delivered through community networks including:
schools, libraries, hospitals, hospices, churches, choirs
• Programs designed for both Youth & Adults
• Developing corporate and nonprofit partnerships and alliance
• No Voice Left Behind / Occupy Your Voice (media campaigns)
Audio Resources previously funded through private sponsorship: